Temporary residence for the purpose of family reunion can be granted to an applicant who is:
- Family member of a person with temporary or permanent residence in Slovakia,
- Relative in direct ascending line of an asylum holder younger than 18 years of age,
- Or dependent person according to an international treaty.
Only the following persons are considered family members:
- Spouse, if the spouses have reached 18 years of age,
- Single child younger than 18 years of age of a person with granted residence and/or of his/her spouse,
- Dependent single child older than 18 years of age of a person with granted residence or his/her spouse, unable to take care of himself/herself due to a long-term unfavourable health condition,
- Parent of a person with granted residence or his/her spouse who is dependent on his/her care and lacks appropriate family support in the country of origin.